If you have been working remotely, it is likely you have also been coping with a lot of distractions. Perhaps your children are home as well, attending virtual school. Maybe your spouse or partner is working from home, a new situation for the two of you. Even those living alone experience difficulty focusing on the tasks at hand.
Herbal brain boosters can help you concentrate and tune out minor distractions so you can perform your best work.
Top Herbal Brain Boosters
1. Ashwagandha –This herb helps the body deal with mental and physical stress. Ashwagandha can reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol in the body. Along with stress relief, it also improves mental clarity and stabilizes mood.
While generally safe if you have concerns, discuss whether ashwagandha is suitable for you with your healthcare provider.
2. Gingko biloba –Since ancient times, ginkgo biloba has been used to enhance cognition. It relieves stress as well and increases the ability to focus and think clearly. Some studies indicate ginkgo biloba may reduce age-related cognitive decline.
One caveat: Gingko biloba is contraindicated for those taking blood thinners and certain other drugs. Check with your healthcare provider before taking this herbal supplement.
3. Gotu kola –Another herb that stimulates blood circulation, Gotu kola is especially useful for those working at night. In China, it is known as the “longevity herb.” Small studies have shown it efficacious in memory and cognition improvement. In addition, Gotu kola possesses stress and anxiety-relieving properties.
4. Rhodia rosea –If fatigue is taking a toll on your brain, Rhodia rosea can help. If you are trying to balance the roles of worker, parent, and teacher during these challenging times, consider Rhodia rosea. Along with battling fatigue and increasing brain function, Rhodia rosea can elevate mood and reduce depression.
5. Rosemary –Rosemary for remembrance is more than a Shakespearean quote. This woody herb can indeed improve memory, and research shows it has neuroprotective properties. If your memory is not as sharp as you would like, rosemary might help. Rosemary improves circulation, and that aids brain function. While rosemary is a favorite kitchen spice, it is even more beneficial in a liquid supplement form.
Liquid Herbal Supplements
Cedar Bear offers several liquid herbal supplements containing natural brain boosters. These include Brain Booster, which consists of a combination of various herbs, including Gotu kola, ginkgo, ashwagandha, and rosemary. Brain booster also includes calming herbs such as St. John’s wort and cleansing herbs such as milk thistle.
Ginseng Vitality is another choice. Not only does this supplement encourages mental function, but it helps replenish depleted energy reserves. It supports the brain and the immune system and promotes cardiovascular health.
Adrenal & Focus Blend helps support cognitive function while soothing the nervous system. Too much stress affects the brain’s ability to function at its highest level. This blend includes ginkgo, Gotu kola, and rhodelia root, as well as calming herbs such as lavender and passionflower.