Benefits of Liquid Supplements
There are so many ways to take herbal supplements. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and maybe even a little confused. There are capsules, teas, balms, tinctures, or liquid herbal extracts.
So, which is best?
While all the methods do have some merit, if you want your herbal remedy to be easy to ingest, easy to digest, and easy for your body to absorb and utilize, then a tincture is your best choice.
Herbal remedies aren’t always as effective as they could be – or should be for that matter. Have you ever taken an herbal supplement and felt you didn’t get the outcome you expected or wanted? That’s because it was probably in the wrong format and your body did not have the opportunity or means to process it properly so you didn’t get everything out of it that you should.
Tinctures are different. From the moment the liquid herbs hit your tongue, your body is already processing it, using it. And that’s the way it should be.
If you’ve never tried herbal tinctures before, there’s a whole new world of better health and wellness just waiting to open up for you.
Types of Herbal Supplements
Herbal wellness is a hot topic right now as more people are turning to natural remedies to achieve better health. There are so many products on the market and are available everywhere you look, from upscale organic markets to gas stations. It’s hard to know who you can trust. After all, this is your health, your life, and you don’t want to put just any old supplement into it, right?
So, here’s a quick rundown of the forms of herbal supplements that are available:
- Bath salts
- Liquid tinctures
Now, some of these require a specific form, such as aloe vera ointment for the skin. And let’s be real here, sometimes a nice herbal tea is absolutely sublime.
But when you are choosing a supplement for your health, the form it is in matters. It matters a lot.
What Are Liquid Herbal Supplements?
Liquid supplements or tinctures are herbal extracts that are very concentrated.
They are made by soaking the roots, dried or fresh leaves, berries, or bark from one or several medicinal plants in a substance that is typically vinegar or alcohol. The vinegar or alcohol is used to extract the active ingredients in the parts of the plant that are used.
The process concentrates the herbal extract into a liquid called a tincture.
It is worth noting here that at Cedar Bear we do not rely on alcohol or vinegar for our tinctures. We have developed a process that produces highly effective, concentrated tinctures that are 100% alcohol-free.
Tinctures are not new. They have been used in many cultures for centuries for medicinal purposes. They are much easier for the body to process and are faster and easier to take. The body can also absorb them faster than it can pills.
They can be put on food or in juice, water, or smoothies and are often not even detectable. This is great for people who might be squeamish about taking strong tasting supplements or can’t take pills.
Herbal supplements are a great way to get herbs.
Advantages of Liquid Supplements
The benefits of liquid supplements are pretty impressive. Liquid herbs make it easy to access the natural chemicals that are found in some plants. They make it easy for your body to process so that it can get to work right away. Even with all the options that are on the market, liquid supplements are usually the best choice.
Not convinced? Here are some compelling reasons to incorporate liquid herbal supplements into your wellness routine:
- Ease of Access and Absorption - Capsules, pills, chews, and gummies all have binding agents that the body’s digestive system must break down before it can even begin to access the nutrients and absorb them. Herbal tinctures don’t have any binders. So, when they are introduced into your body, it can begin to absorb and process the tincture right away.
- Quicker Response in the Body – Pills, gummies, and even teas can take minutes or even hours to bring the desired changes to the body. And even then, you won’t get the full effect because of all the fillers and additives. Tinctures bypass all the extra work and get the herbs into the body ASAP so you can get the results you want faster.
- They are more concentrated – Tinctures are much more concentrated than pills, teas, and other herbal supplements. The process that they go through ensures a high concentration of the herb. This means that you get a more potent dose.
- Free from Fillers and Stuff You don’t Want – Pills, chews, gummies, and even some teas have additives or fillers or binding agents. If you’ve ever had a gummy or chew and noticed an odd texture, that’s the binders and fillers. Did it stick to your teeth? That’s the binders and fillers too. You don’t get that with tinctures though. With an herbal tincture, you get a 100% natural delivery system that is safe, simple, and effective.
- No Added Sugar or Textures – Many gummies or chews have a lot of sugar and other additives, or they add substances to give the product a specific texture. These additives will often leave a bad or weird aftertaste. This isn’t the case with herbal tinctures. They don’t have any sugar or additives, and there are no substances to improve the texture. All they have are pure herbal extracts that give you what you need and nothing more.
- They are Easier to Take – Let’s just be real here, not all herbal teas taste good. Pills can be hard to swallow and leave a horrid aftertaste. Tinctures don’t do that. You can put the drops in food, water, tea, smoothies, or juice. They are easy to carry with you and you can take them anywhere.
- They Allow Optimal Absorption – Because the herbs are already in liquid form, the body doesn’t have to work to break down anything or access the supplement. It is right there, quick and easy.
- You can Customize Herbal Formulas – Tinctures can be a single herb or several herbs. If you want to create your own customized herbal blend to address specific concerns, you can do that easily – much easier than combining several herbs to make a tea.
- They have a long shelf life – You should store your tinctures in airtight, dark glass containers in a cool place. When you store them correctly, they can last for years. Even once opened, tinctures can last about 2 years, but some may go 3 or even 5 years, especially those made with alcohol or glycerin.
Natural herbal tinctures are a great choice to add to your wellness routine and at Cedar Bear, we’ve already done all the hard stuff while you reap the rewards. We processed the herbs, breaking them down into our liquid tinctures that the body absorbs so much easier. And the best part is when you take one of our tinctures you can be assured that all that herbal goodness is going right where it is needed – immediately.
So, the bottom line is, natural herbal tinctures are the optimal way to deliver your supplements. Your body can access and utilize them right away and you have less fuss when taking them.
What could be easier?
Try our herbal tinctures today and discover what your body’s been missing.
How do You Take Liquid Herbal Supplements?
If you’ve never taken tinctures before, it can be a little intimidating – most new experiences are.
The good news is, taking herbal extracts is easy. You have several great options so finding one that works for you shouldn’t be too difficult.
The best way to take a tincture is to add the suggested number of drops into a little warm water. You can put it in just about an ounce of warm water, or 6 to 8 ounces, your choice.
If water isn’t your thing try it with juice or tea. There are many great low sugar juices that work well such as tart cherry, apple, pineapple, or a nice berry blend. Or find one that you like and go for it.
Some people put a few drops of their tincture into their smoothies. This does not hurt it or dilute it at all, and you can still get the same powerful benefits.
Some people find the alcohol taste to be off-putting, but when you get Cedar Bear tinctures you don’t have to worry about that because all of our tinctures are 100% alcohol-free. But if you put the drops in some water and it becomes white or cloudy, don’t be concerned. This is perfectly normal. Resin and bark extracts will often do this when added to water.
So go ahead and enjoy your tinctures in whichever way works for you. Oh, and by the way, ours taste pretty amazing!
Try Cedar Bear Herbal Tinctures Today
At Cedar Bear, our natural supplements are just that – natural.
When you purchase a Cedar Bear tincture you get:
- Tinctures that are 100% alcohol-free
- Herbs that are grown organically, ethically wild harvested, or selectively cultivated
- Tinctures that are free from the stuff you don’t need like preservatives, dairy, gluten, synthetic colors, sweeteners, or artificial flavors
- Products that are FDA cGMP compliant, Kosher certified, non-GMO, and vegan certified
- The purest, minimal ingredients. All our tinctures are comprised of herbs, USP grade vegetable glycerin, and purified water. That’s it.
So, if you’re ready to give your body herbal supplements it can actually use, then give us a try. And if you’ve never tried tinctures before, try us first.
You won’t be sorry.
Visit our online store and browse our extensive line of herbal liquid supplements for the whole family – pets included. If you have any questions, we’re here to help and we’ll answer any questions you might have about tinctures and herbal supplements.
Your health is what you make it. Let us help you make it great.