Chanca Piedra (Phyllanthus niruri)
Helps Clear Kidneys & Gallbladder, and So Much More!
Growing happily in the Amazon rainforests and other tropical areas throughout the world is a small weed-like plant that has a big reputation, called Chanca Piedra. In Spanish, chanca means grind, crush, or break, and piedra means stone. In Brazilian Portuguese, its name is Quebra Pedra, which also means ‘break stone.’ So, you can see why Chanca Piedra is commonly called Stone Breaker. That’s its name!
The indigenous peoples of the Amazon and now throughout Brazil have used this herb for many generations to help keep their kidneys and gallbladders clear. They also used it for digestive issues like temporary stomach spasms, intestinal gas, and to support deep digestive needs, to soothe and relax tissues, which provides mild temporary pain relief, to promote perspiration, and to detoxify the body.
Other countries where this herb grows also have long history of using it for their health, especially in India and China, where they use it for gallbladder and kidney issues, for respiratory system support, to stimulate the immune system and digestive system, to promote healthy levels of both blood sugar and blood pressure, and to support healthy liver function and cells.
As you can see, Chanca Piedra is so much more than just a ‘breaker of stones,’ (which in and of itself is pretty amazing.) Let’s explore some of its other health supporting actions:
- Liver Support: Chanca Piedra is a liver protector. It tones, balances, and strengthens the liver. It helps increase bile secretions, detoxifies the liver, and supports healthy cholesterol, blood sugar, and uric acid levels in the liver/gallbladder and throughout the body.
- Kidney Support: Supports kidney health, relaxes tissues in the urinary system, and promotes urination, which helps clear excess fluids and toxins from the body.
- Digestive Support: Tones, balances, and strengthens the gastrointestinal system. Helps balance gut flora and cleanse the gastrointestinal system. Relaxes tissues while stimulating digestive processes.
- Immune System Support: Has strong antioxidant properties and is an immune system stimulator with wide application for immune activity needs. Supports healthy cell activity.
- Cardiovascular System Support: Supports healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Whole Body Support: Chanca Piedra acts as a tonic that tones, balances, and strengthens overall body systems.
Chanca Piedra by Cedar Bear
Traditionally, in the Amazon, Chanca Piedra was always used as tea/infusion drink. Cedar Bear’s liquid herbal TincTract® of Chanca Piedra gives you the best way to use this herb every day, as it is in a potent liquid form, alcohol-free, and tastes really good. Just a couple of droppers full (1/4 tsp) in a glass of water each time you take it is all you need to get the wonderful benefits of Mother Nature’s old-world tropical health support. It’s easy to use, easy to take with you, and easy to support your health with Chanca Piedra!
Notes on Self Care:
Hydrate! Many health issues, especially kidney and gallbladder related, are due to dehydration. Make sure you drink several 8 oz glasses of pure water a day. Do not drink carbonated soda pop. Avoid fried and fatty foods. Eat plenty of high fiber foods, especially whole vegetables and whole fruits.
INGREDIENTS: Chanca Piedra Herb (Phyllanthus niruri)
OTHER INGREDIENTS: USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water.
NOTE: Do not use while pregnant or nursing. Consult your healthcare provider if you are taking medication or have a medical condition. May potentiate blood pressure, blood sugar, and blood thinning medications.
(current label) SUGGESTED USE: .5mL (10 drops) 1 to 3 times a day, or as needed. Shake well.
(future label) SUGGESTED USE: ¼ tsp (1.23 mL) 1 to 3 times a day, or as needed. Shake well.
SUPPORT SYSTEM: Urinary System Support
Kidney/Gallbladder/Liver Clearing Support Program
- Chanca Piedra single herb by Cedar Bear
- Kidney & Bladder Support
- Herbal Blood Cleanser
- Marshmallow root?
Take ¼ tsp of each herb and herbal formula together in a glass of water between meals 3 times/day for 2 weeks at a time.
Drink several 8 oz glasses of purified water/day. This helps you stay hydrated and helps flush the system and encourages circulation.
Diet Recommendations: Cranberries, cherries, cinnamon, olive oil. Eat plenty of high fiber foods, especially whole vegetables and whole fruits.
Avoid: Carbonated soda pop, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, and chocolate, fried and fatty foods.
Daily light exercise.
(These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Association. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.)